Thank you for your interest in Pacifica Foundation Seattle Scholarship Program.
Who Can Apply?
An applicant must:
Be a college-bound high school senior, an ESL student, or a college/graduate student attending the United States accredited educational institution in Washington.
Be a permanent resident, or U.S. citizen, or an eligible non-citizen.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in the U.S. for current college students.
- An entering freshman graduating from high school with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in the U.S.
- An international entering freshman accepted to an accredited college, graduate program, or an educational institution in the U.S.
Adherence to Hizmet Movement Principles:
Pacifica Foundation Seattle is an organization inspired by the “Hizmet Movement” a faith-based social movement focused on using community service to target the elimination of poverty, ignorance, and conflicts. A fundamental value of the Hizmet Movement is community service by devoting time and energy to supporting the community.
An applicant must demonstrate that he or she is an active volunteer of the Hizmet Movement participating in extracurricular activities, including and not limited to mentoring younger students and organizing Hizmet Movement-related events.
What to submit?
3. Most recent Official Transcript or acceptance letter to an accredited educational institution in the state of Washington.
4. Proof of identification (driver’s license, passport, or national ID card)
5. Two letters of recommendation confirming the student’s compliance with the eligibility requirements
6. An essay summarizing student’s opinion on Pacifica Foundation Seattle values as well as any personal information that would be helpful for the committee to decide on the eligibility of the student for a scholarship
7. Any official document and/or a personal letter demonstrating the need for financial aid (tax return papers either from the family of the student or the student herself/himself)
How to apply?
First day of application: 07/26/2021
Application deadline: 08/15/2021
Notification of results: 08/31/2021
Pacifica Foundation Seattle scholarship committee will review the application packages carefully and may ask for an oral interview with an applicant if the committee deems it necessary.
You may submit your most recent official transcript and changes in your financial situation (if any) only if you have applied before.
Still, have questions? Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org